Study observances from Mosiah 1 (Simple version):
- King Benjamin's father's name is Mosiah
- King Benjamin uses the words "suffer" and "list" quite a bit more than the average speaker. (Original BoM uses "suffereth" and "listeth").
- 1828 Webster's Dictionary defines "list" in this manner, as the 6th definition of the transitive form of the verb - "To hearken; to attend; a contraction of listen, which see".
- King Benjamin "could not teach them all within the walls of the temple". This infers that variant teaching was typically done inside the temple, rather than strictly routine teaching or strictly ritual.
- His teachings, appropriate for the temple, were done outside the temple, open invitation. Attendance was encouraged.
There are obviously quite a bit more deeper messages in this chapter. At the end, he relays a very important prophesy delivered by an angel of the Lord, which causes the people to literally fall upon the earth in the next chapter. What would it look like, for the fear of the Lord to fall upon the reader of chapter 1, like the listeners did live in the flesh?